Thursday, December 16, 2010

2011 Pantone Color of the Year

Pantone is a corporation known for their color matching system that is used world-wide in design/printing, fabric, paint, plastics, you-name-it, industries. Having such a system allows for designers & manufacturers to produce accurate colors throughout the production process anywhere in the world, and allows for easy communication when it comes to ensuring accurate color between pre and post production of products.

Having said that, at the end of each year Pantone announces the "Color of the Year" for the upcoming year, and this year they have named. . . Honeysuckle!


I love this color and am excited to see it in fashion trends, home decor, and give it a try in some of my own projects this upcoming year. You can check out the full article about this pretty lil' color here. I think this would be great paired with a chocolate brown or deep olive green hue. Yummy....

(Top 10 fashion colors for Spring 2011 can be seen here, which I'm also excited for as design often mimics that of the fashion world)


1 comment:

  1. Someday I want you to decorate my house so I'm sure to get the color of the year and the right colors to complement it. Thanks for the visit last night. It made my day.

    ReplyDelete