Friday, January 28, 2011

Matt & Isabella: Wedding Cake

Okay, cut me some slack. The last two posts have been about some form of cake or another. But really, who doesn't love cake! And cake, in my opinion, can be made into a beautiful piece of art, so why not?

I was excited--okay, honestly. I was really super excited--when my mother-in-law asked me if I would mind making a wedding cake for my brother-in-law & his wife's reception here in Utah. (They were married last month in Brazil, and from the pics, it was gorgeous). Of course, having made my own wedding cake with her a few years ago, I immediately enlisted the help of my mom. (Thanks for the help mom!)

While there aren't necessarily "colors" for the open house there seemed to be a main color scheme of gray/silver, which I incorporated into the cake with the pewter-color ribbon and silver berries. I felt that these elements also really helped to make it feel like a "winter" wedding cake. You can't tell in the photo, but we also dusted some Pearl Dust onto the fondant to give it a subtle shimmer/glimmer--which reminds me a lot of the sun sparkling on snow.

We had a lot of fun making this cake and I think it turned out so well. (I hope the love birds like it!) It's clean & simple, yet has a sense of elegance.

And as a side note, I have a Cake Cricut making it's pretty little way to my house in the next week (as a graduation gift from my husband) and so there may be a few more cake-related "designs" popping up on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment