Thursday, June 30, 2011

Sneak Peek: "Cute As A Button" Twin's Baby Shower


I have been excited about this latest project I've been working on! And I have to admit, I am often found daydreaming up ideas & details for this event.

A friend of mine is throwing a baby shower for her sister, who is expecting twins, and asked if I would design the invite for it as well as do a cake and cupcakes for the shower. I love entertaining and parties, and I love design. So there was NO way I could turn down a request like this!

The idea for the shower was initially based on polka dots. Blue, pink, and brown to be exact. I then threw out the idea to "spice up" the polka dot theme a bit and turn them into buttons. Super cute. I also love the idea of using the traditional pink/blue, girl/boy color scheme and throwing brown into the mix to give the two colors a more modern/unified look. Here is the invitation design..... stay tuned for the cake & cupcake designs--coming next week!



No comments:

Post a Comment