Friday, September 2, 2011

Event Design: Megan's 16th Birthday


Okay, so this isn't a TOTAL event design, but I've been really excited to post about this cake & cupcakes. I have been wanting a reason to make a ruffle cake and a color gradient for a while now. This cake was different from anything I've done before and had a lot of fun making it. I also really like the chevron pattern that seems to be on everything now days--and opted to use it for the coordinating cupcake wrappers.

I made the cake and cupcakes for a surprise party for my sister in law, Megan's 16th birthday. My other sister-in-law Amy put everything together and there was a great turn out. It was fun to see Megan's face when she realized what was going on after showing up at a park in town with Amy to "swing" and slowly recognizing friends of hers. Amy helped with the idea to incorporate a "flag" type theme and I think it turned out really cute, I used it on the cake banner and the cupcake toppers. Cute color pallete also, right? Amy was also behind that.

Happy birthday Megan! I hope you had a fun night and will enjoy what life has in store for you! You're at a fun age so be sure to enjoy every minute, and when you look back I hope this time in your life will bring a smile to your face! I know mine does for me.






No comments:

Post a Comment