Monday, January 2, 2012

Welcome to 2012

I am so excited for this new year, there is nothing better than a fresh start to give you some motivation for the next 12 months....that is, if you're really that ambitious & dedicated. But if you're like me, those ginormous "go get 'em tiger!" ambitions sometimes only last til February...Spring if you're lucky.

And because of that, this year I didn't want to "overwhelm" myself with things that I may never accomplish, so I decided to create just a few small goals that are easily attainable. Nothing extremely life-changing. Just a few simple things to look forward to & to help better myself. Both as a person & creatively.



CREATIVELY

*Learn how to make macaroons

*Make more cakes
(2011 brought cakes to the creative table for me & I LOVED it. Must do more!)

*Experiment more with typography
(I love love love typography--need to do more w/it)

*Hit at least 100 sales in my Etsy shop
-almost at 50 right now

*Put more items in the Etsy shop
(depending on how busy I am, maybe one per month?)

*Perhaps learn HTML
(either self-teach or take a class)

*Embrace simplicity
(simplicity is clean, modern, & beautiful)


PERSONALLY

*
Potential. Live up to it.
(Learn more, be more, do more)

*Strengthen my relationships w/loved ones
(don't take it for granted. build it, better it.)

* "Don't let yesterday take up too much of today"
(today is a new day, live in it)

*Follow through on those "big ideas"
(rather than idle my brain thinking about them for months & hindering other possibilities/ideas)

*Listen more closely.
(To others, myself, & spiritually)

* Be sure that those who matter to me know it
(by words & actions)


*More dates planned dates!


(with my hubby, of course)

No comments:

Post a Comment