Tuesday, April 10, 2012

A Quick Catch-Up

It's been quite a long time since I've blogged. Since starting my full-time job doing graphic design it seems time flies by quicker than ever before. I am really loving my job --who knew you could LIKE a job?!--and have been learning so much in just the few short months that I have been there. It's been crazy busy there and already I have designed 30-ish book covers, a cookbook, and currently working on a party ideas book...among others.

Even with being so busy at work I have found some time on the side to continue a few freelance projects, which is fun because the creativity is entirely up to me.



I recently designed a logo for "Yakity-Yack", an online company that advertises local business. The company owner, Laurie, was great to work with and had great ideas to use in getting the logo design started. I love the retro-like feel of the logo. The colors are eye-catchingly bold and definitely have an "advertising" appeal to them.




Another project was a baby shower invite. The shower was for my friend Heather's sister-in-law. We did a blue, green, and brown color scheme to match the party details, and threw in a couple of fun zoo animals.





A t-shirt design has been in the works for an LDS Stake in Colorado. It's based on the poster design I did for 2012 YW theme, and the stake young women will be using them for their Camp shirts this year.




The other t-shirt design I've been working on was for Easter Fest 2012. Easter Fest happened this past weekend and was an ATV riding shin-dig put on by some of my family in Blanding. It was a ton of fun and we're hoping to make it an annual thing. Of course, no event is official without a t-shirt. (Back of shirt shown).




Also in the works is a wedding invite for one of my very best friends, but it deserves a post all of it's own...to come soon.

























No comments:

Post a Comment