Thursday, April 14, 2011

25th Birthday: Zebra Cupcakes


It's no news to most people that I am INFATUATED with zebra print. I love, love, love it (and have for many years now--which has escalated into an impulsion to purchase anything that is zebra print, keeping in mind it must be within the boundaries of "classiness" as it can sometimes be rather tacky). There is just something with the contrast of black and white and the sweeping stripe design that thrills me.

In celebration of my 25th birthday I decided I was going to whip out some creativity, fondant, and cake cricut and treat myself, and some family, to some super cute zebra print cupcakes! And while it may be a tad vain, what more of a perfectly fitting cupcake could there be for me?!

I'm not gonna lie, this was a LOT of work. Between the flowers and the 18 zebra discs that I made--INDIVIDUALLY, mind you-- I easily spent 2+ hrs on just the decorations, but it was SO worth it!

I started by making coral-red 3D flowers using fondant, the cake cricut, and some fondant tools. I then used my all time favorite "finishing touches" of pearl sprinkles in the center and lustre dust on the flower petals. I then cut circles from black fondant, added stripes of white fondant (one by one by one by one), and cut a mini circle out of the disc for the flower to sit within.

Pretty darn cute don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment