Wednesday, April 20, 2011

DIY: Cake Stand


There are hundreds of tutorials in the blogging world for do-it-yourself cake stands and while I don't have an exact blog, from the top of my head, that I got this from I did want to make it known that I saw it out there somewhere--probably even multiple places.

My intention for this pretty little cake stand is to make a "cake" (from a dummy) to set on it and place above my cubicle at work with the rest of my little cake/cupcake decor. It makes working a little more bearable to look up and see those pretty little things sitting on my shelf.

Best yet, this cost a total of $2.00 to make--given I had the "Yellow Meringue" colored spray paint from a previous project and have not yet bought the adhesive to seal the deal. (But really...we're looking at maybe $5.00-$6.00 by the time all is said and done). I took a trip to the dollar store and picked up a glass candlestick and a 9" glass plate--I'm sure you could use any size and I probably would've preferred mine a little smaller but this was all they had. I then spray painted those puppies and am soon to be sealing them together with an adhesive that works on glass. Viola!

No comments:

Post a Comment