Saturday, April 30, 2011

Cherry Blossom Cake


My mom and I have had this big idea to make a cake to use as a centerpiece for every day decor for quiet a while now. After finding cake dummies (Styrofoam cut to size for use in long-term "cakes") we finally got together today to put our creative juices to work!

While the actual "cake" is Styrofoam, everything else on this pretty little thing is made from fondant and topped off with non-edible bees and a ribbon. I love the way the cherry blossoms turned out, and I love my Cake Cricut! I am excited to put this on my desk at work where I can enjoy it--hopefully it will cheer things up a bit. (I would leave it at home on my table as a centerpiece, but I have one crazy dog who has a love for frosting). *Doesn't it look cute on my homemade cake plate, seen here? *

My mom's cake turned out really cute as well, and so I wanted to post it along with mine. I am in love with her cute little bird, nest and eggs--as well as the color scheme she used!

We are hoping to make a cake for each season to display, so stay tuned for more in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment