Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Cupcakes : Spring Fever




The weather today was beautiful! The first inklings of spring always get me in the mood for cheery things--which was the inspiration behind these cupcakes. While they're simple they have that hint of "happiness" about them, which is why I love 'em.

I made the flowers and leaves out of fondant using my Cricut Cake, and I must say--I am a big fan! As much as I hated to admit it at first (because as you probably know the Cricut Cake isn't a cheap lil' toy) I was a bit underwhelmed by the results I was getting with the machine while using gumpaste (which was what Provo Craft seemed to recommend OVER using fondant). I was left with all sorts of raw & jagged edges. So, in one last desperation to make it work, I tried cutting designs from fondant, and viola! Amazing! And it cuts so much cleaner than gumpaste did!

If you're interested in some "custom" cupcakes for an event or party of your own, please let me know and we can work something out, I'd love to help!

1 comment:

  1. These are darling! And they are making me hungry. ;) You do an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete