Wednesday, March 16, 2011

St Patrick's Day Cupcakes 2011



At work we are having a potluck to celebrate St Patrick's Day, so OF COURSE I just had to make cupcakes! Going with the Irish origin of St Patty's day I went for (root)Beer Float cupcakes...and I'll admit, I "tested" one (gotta make sure they're edible), and it was delicious!

As usual, & because 3 is a great number to use in any sort of design/decor, I made 3 toppers containing a rootbeer mug, a polka-dotted shamrock & the cupcake flavor. I choose the brown & vanilla colors to keep with the rootbeer theme, but then added a mossy green to tie in St. Patty's Day. I didn't want to be too over bearing and have the cupcakes scream "IT'S MARCH 17TH!!", and I felt the color & image combos worked really well together to give a sense of both themes.

The cupcake stats:
Vanilla/Rootbeer Cake
Rootbeer buttercream
Dallop of whipped cream
White sprinkle pearls to represent the carbonation of rootbeer (love, love, love it)

No comments:

Post a Comment