Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Custom Toppers : Relief Society Birthday




I'm not gonna lie, I was really excited when I got an email (from a client who had ordered my CTR/Baptism toppers from my Esty shop) asking if I would design some toppers for her ward's Relief Society Birthday party.

Putting a "custom order" option in my Etsy shop has been on my to-do list since I started the shop last week (and will finally be available tonight), and so I was glad that Suzanne took a shot in the dark by asking if I would do a custom order for her.

The theme for the party was "Heart to Heart" and she wanted to use a pink and brown color scheme (excellent choice...that's a "never fail" color team, especially when women are concerned). She also wanted to incorporate a quote by Sister Julie B. Beck, and have another topper containing the Relief Society seal, which she planned to put on the back side of the other two toppers. I updated the colors in the RS logo to better fit in the color scheme. (Pink & brown themed toppers with a gold & blue RS seal was not really jiving, as you might imagine).

It was wonderful working with you Suzanne, and I hope your party is a success!



1 comment:

  1. According to LDS.org it was President Spencer W. Kimball who said "We know that women who have deep appreciation for the past will be concerned about shaping a righteous future" https://www.lds.org/topics/daughters-in-my-kingdom?lang=eng&old=true

    ReplyDelete